Would I be so crass as to highlight the moments when other people do dumb things? No, I like to think I have more class than that. Besides, we all need to laugh at ourselves from time to time. It keeps the soul honest. So this Sunday I give you a five clip video of me doing the dumbest things. They are in order:
- Don’t sail out in front of the entire fleet so all the enemy battleships have only you to shoot.
- Don’t stop broadside to an enemy ship you know is coming around the island.
- Don’t run into the open on a map where most opponents are two tiers higher than you.
- Don’t sit waiting in ambush because you’re only waiting to be ambushed.
- Keep your eyes open for the torpedo bombers – always.
But I’m like anyone else, and don’t want to end my Sunday highlight on such a negative and self-deprecating note. So here is my best battleship performance to date, recorded last night. It’s fought on the Solomon Islands map, which is brutal. It was not going our way and we were losing badly. I decide someone had to do something crazy, so I drove my New Mexico right up the middle slot; damn the torpedoes. It was glorious. Enjoy!